Sunday 21 June 2009

God's provision continues to encourage me!

It's been great catching up with people here, hearing about the things that have been going on and the opportunities God is opening up for the skate ministry. Some friends left their car on loan to me whilst they visit family in the states until August and another friend has said that she wants to give me her car when she leaves in August to go back to Canada... it fits so beautifully, I just have a little smile to myself about God's design!

On Friday I met up with a girl at the skatepark with whom I had been building relationship during my DTS. I hadn't seen her for almost three months because I had been on outreach and then back home but it was really good to see her and felt easy to catch up. In the evening we had the premier of the new Nike SB skate film at Boardstore (the skateshop). It was a good opportunity to text other skaters and invite them and I had a good time catching up with one in particular that again I hadn't seen for a while.

JC on my team is venturing out to open up a gallery in Maroochydore with Boardstore and has asked me to get involved. It's such an awesome idea and I'm super excited about it. I've been thinking about starting up a creative bible study group where we would meet, study some scripture, discuss it and pray then respond creatively to it. It would also be good to get together to discuss how we use our creativity in our lives and ministries.

I will be meeting with Boris from One Friday Ministries tomorrow to have a chat about what I will be doing so I'll update you when I know more. Today was international "Go Skate Day" but it rained.....all day.... boo. We could really do with an indoor skatepark here! I've heard whisper that the ministry has an indoor park as a possible project so I hope to hear about that tomorrow.

A prayer point at the moment would be that I would be open and listen carefully to God's leading as I want to hear where He wants me to be and what He wants me to do.

Thanks! Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment