Back in January one of our leaders Boris headed out to YWAM'S 50th anniversary conference in Canberra. He came back with a vision. To get a bible into the hand of every skateboarder in Australia. Whilst we can't measure that, we can go after it and make a big difference. This vision has developed into Pure Parks.
There are over 2000 skateparks in Australia, 250 in Queensland alone. The aim is to visit every park and:
- Pray over the park and the people who use it; against spiritual strongholds and for God's protection and presence in that area
- Clean up the park - litter picking and sweeping
- Hang out with the locals and offer free Skater Bibles
People from the local churches to each park will also be invited to help the church and the skaters get connected. The goal is to visit every skatepark in the next 5 years which would be a bit of a stretch for us to do on our own. Therefore we're also putting together a manual to send out to facilitate groups elsewhere in the country to visit parks in their area.
There are plans for a website so that you can go online and see which parks have been visited with information and stories about what happened and a photo of the team who visited.
I'm so stoked on this vision.
What you can do
- If you are in Australia and would like to organise a Pure Parks visit to your local skatepark or indeed are outside of Australia, have a heart for skaters and are interested in coming with a team you can get in touch with me at email@example.com
- Pray. You don't need to be on the same continent to reach these kids!
- Donate. We want to give Skaters Bibles out for free at all these parks and we've put the estimation at 13,000 bibles. They cost $5 (£3) to buy, if you would like to buy some that would be brilliant, you can donate online via the ywamwaves by clicking here: website http://www.ywamwaves.com/payments.pay.ews (If paying online by card, please write in the reference box that the donation is for Pure Parks Bibles)